Nestled within Midtown East NYC, The James New York – NoMad resonates as an upscale hospitality hub for travelers coming from near and far. The luxury boutique hotel is infused with local culture inspired by its Flatiron/NoMad community and takes on a fresh approach to its service and experiences for guests.
Centrally located, The James is only a few blocks from both the iconic Empire State Building and historic Flatiron Building, making the hotel an ideal destination for guests looking to explore New York City.
The hotel has also gained recognition thanks to its Beaux-Arts façade, now recognized as a NYC landmarked building. This year, The James celebrates the 120 years of the building’s existence which ironically coincides with the New York subway system’s identical anniversary. That being said, the hotel is conveniently located near several subway stations, giving guests easy travel access to uptown and downtown destinations.
For guests looking to treat themselves to a little staycation, The James offers everything a guest would need simply within its walls.
– Scarpetta: The hotel is home to the Italian restaurant, Scarpetta. The NY hot spot relies on seasonal, locally sourced ingredients to create their rich and bold-flavored menu in an upscale yet inviting space.
– The Seville: On property, The James also has the stylish speakeasy-style cocktail lounge, The Seville. The intimate lounge offers lives music, lite bites and a curated, contemporary cocktail menu.
– In-Room Dining: The in-room dining menu offers Scarpetta selects and food options exclusive to the comfort of guests’ rooms.
– Spa Treatments: In partnership with Chelsea-based holistic spa Naturopathica, The James offers bookable in-room treatments for guests staying in suites or penthouses. Preferred bookings at the Chelsea location is also available to guests.
– Floral Arrangements: The James now offers custom-made floral bouquets upon request in collaboration with Netflix featured florist Delilah Dominquez of Stolen Magnolia that can be delivered straight to guests’ rooms.
– Tarot, Zodiac, & Astrology Readings: Guests can tap into Witchy Wisdoms for private, one-on-one card readings for a fun approach of getting to know themselves on a deeper level. Witchy Wisdoms can also teach guests fun spells such as “Hex Your Ex” or “Positive Intuitions”.
– Intimacy Classes: The James can coordinate “intimacy workshops” taught by a certified intimacy doctor for guests looking to learn tips and tricks on connecting with others. Workshops can be private or requested by two or more guests.
Overall, The James has a lot in store this year for guests coming to NYC. The Flatiron/NoMad neighborhood continues to expand and flourish with more shopping options for guests, more restaurants and overall community growth. The James, itself, even has a handful of exciting news that’ll be shared this upcoming spring related to its ever-growing partnerships, amenities and entertainment that add to the overall guest experience for those who choose to call The James home.